Quarterly Recap and What’s to Come
Time to let you know what happened during the second quarter of 2012 and what’s coming up for the next quarter.
Second Quarter of 2012
- My serial short, The Ultimate Merger, ran every Friday from April 20th to June 29th. I appreciate everyone who stopped by and left comments. I plan to do more serials and shorts on my blog, so stay tuned for those.
- Book 3 of the Hawthorne Family series was released. Here Comes Trouble was Matthew Hawthorne’s story. He’s the youngest of the Hawthorne brothers. This book was also successful, currently sitting in the Top 20 of Amazon’s Multicultural Romance Bestsellers List. As always, thank you for your support and helping to spread the word about this series! Click here to read Chapter One.
- I had some great guests stop by. Look to the right to see who visited the blog.
- More books in my monthly column “Love and Romance in Color.” The April column covered romance novels that include racism as part of the theme (issue 29); May covered the topic of BDSM (issue 30); June covered romance novels set in Africa with heroes and heroines from Africa (issue 31).
- I had a Facebook contest where two winners were able to become characters in my romance novel, Here Comes Trouble. Congratulations to Reshemah and Rahab!
- I participated in two successful blog hops.
- I wrote a blog post about where you can find free and low-cost ebooks. If you missed it, here it is again: 13 Places Where You Can Find Free and Low-Cost Ebooks.
- I finally got my self-published books up on Kobo with my publisher titles. There are a lot of steps, but it wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would be. The instructions were very clear. It will soon get even easier when their new self-publishing portal rolls out.
- The virtual blog tour for Here Comes Trouble starts next Monday. I’m visiting the blogs of the following authors: Kiru Taye, Synithia Williams, Stacy-Deanne, and Eugenia O’Neal. At each stop I’ll give away a free book. The tour will end at my blog on Friday, where I’ll have even more prizes!
- Visits from more special guests, including Vance Levy, of the Washington Area Lawyers for the Arts, and Caribbean authors Heather Rodney-Diaz and J.L. Campbell, who write their romance novels with Caribbean flavor.
- The Hot Jocks blog hop is coming up later this week, and I’ll be participating in the Dangerous Alpha Heroes hop in September. Be sure to enter for a chance to win prizes.
- In August I’m participating in a Romance Writers Showcase in Seattle. Seattle might be a good setting for the next African-American series I plan to write, so I’m staying a couple of extra days to do some sightseeing and familiarize myself with the city.
- The Ultimate Merger, my serial short story, will be released for free on Amazon, Kobo, and ARe. I want to release it for free on B&N, too, but after contacting them, I found out there’s no way to release a book for free with them. The only way I know to do it is to go through Smashwords, so I’m looking into that option. At any rate, it’ll probably be available at the other venues for free before B&N because of the Smashwords component. In the back of the book, I’ll have a sneak peek at Second Chances, but I’ll share it here first.
- Book 4 of my Hot Latin Men series, Second Chances, should be released this fall, pending approval from my publisher. It’s the sequel to The Ultimate Merger and takes place in Brazil. You’ll be able to catch up with Leonardo and Alexa (from The Arrangement) the same way you caught up with Rafael and Rebekah in Private Acts. I had hoped to have the book completed for a summer release, but I got too far behind to make that happen.
- Second Chances is the last book in my Hot Latin Men series, but there will be more books with Latin heroes. I’m still in the research stage, but I’m planning a book with a family of Cubans. Their last name is Cordoba. More details to come.
- Big news! I’m about to release two of my Hot Latin Men books as part of an anthology titled Hot Latin Men: Volume I. The books in the anthology will be Fight for Love and Private Acts. Those two books are related because of the Jamison sisters. I wanted to release the books as part of a print anthology because they’re too short to release in print individually. After looking into it and talking to other authors, I’ve decided to use Amazon’s print-on-demand service, CreateSpace. The cover designer is working on the book cover, and I’m sending the manuscripts to the formatter this week. If all goes well, I should have print copies available for sale in August, and of course I’ll have some giveaways. Keep your fingers crossed for me that everything goes well.
It’s going to be a busy quarter!
Remember, as a blog subscriber you get a list of places online where you can find more than 2 million books for free (romance, science fiction, mystery, nonfiction, etc.)!
To receive the list, subscribe to my blog by entering your email address to the right. If you’re already a subscriber and haven’t received the list, please send an email to delaneydiamond(at)ymail(dot)com so I can forward it to you.
Share this information with your friends via email, on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Thanks for your support!
Posted on July 9, 2012, in Writing and tagged African-American romance, free read, hot latin men, Hot Latin Men: Volume I, interracial love, interracial relationship, interracial romance, multicultural romance, quarterly recap, sensual romance, The Ultimate Merger. Bookmark the permalink. 11 Comments.