How to Get the Blind Date for Free & Sneak Peek at The Wrong Man
Two weeks ago I said that I would place The Blind Date in Amazon’s KDP Select Program which requires that it be sold exclusively at Amazon for three months. Part of the program’s appeal is that authors can use it to give away free copies of their books, and I do plan to take advantage of the giveaway option. If you have a Kindle, great. If you don’t, not so much.
If you don’t have a Kindle, here are your options.
- Wait until after the 90 days when The Blind Date will be available on all other platforms for $2.99.
- Download the free Amazon Kindle app to read it on your computer, your phone, or your tablet.
- Fill out the form on the Get The Blind Date for free page so I can send you an epub (for Nook, iPad, etc.) or PDF copy before it goes live on Amazon. That way you can sideload it on your ereader. I’ll send you the very easy instructions when I email the book. (***sign up is now closed***)
- On or before September 18th, you’ll receive an epub or PDF copy of The Blind Date (depending on your preference) if you sign up to get a free copy.
- On or before September 20th, The Blind Date is released on Amazon at the sale price of 99 cents.
- October 3-7th, The Blind Date is listed FREE on Amazon; I’ll make the announcement on my blog to coincide with my virtual blog tour on October 4th.
- October 8th, The Blind Date goes to the regular price of $2.99.
- On or around December 20th, The Blind Date is released on all other platforms for $2.99.
- Do I have to be a blog follower to submit my email address for a free copy? Nope. Since I plan to give it away anyway, it doesn’t matter, although I’d be ecstatic if you decide to join my list of sexy, well read romance lovers. You can sign up at the right, and when you do you’ll find out about new releases, such as book 2 of the Love Unexpected series, The Wrong Man. The second book will not be placed in the KDP Select program, so it will be released at all retailers at the same time.
- Can I tell a friend? Yes. Actually, tell lots of friends. You’ll be doing me a favor if you help me spread the word since it’s free for a limited time only. Thank you in advance!
- What if I forget to submit my email address to get a free copy before it comes out on Amazon? Do it now even if you’re not sure what you want to do because once the form disappears from my site, you’ve missed your chance to get the free copy in your format of choice. Then you’ll have to choose between options 1 and 2 above. Once it’s released on Amazon, I won’t be sending out any free copies because that’s a violation of Amazon’s KDP Select program terms.
- Are you collecting email addresses to add me to your distribution list? No. I don’t want anyone on my distribution list who doesn’t want to be there. I only need your email address to send you a free copy of The Blind Date. I also promise not to share or sell your email address with anyone.
If you have questions or comments, leave them below. And now, click the next page for a sneak peek at The Wrong Man.
Posted on September 9, 2013, in Writing and tagged black woman hispanic man, black woman white man, bwhm, bwwm, interracial romance, Love Unexpected series, The Blind Date, The Wrong Man. Bookmark the permalink. 33 Comments.